Tag Archive for ExactTarget

Using The Lookup Function In Server-side Javascript

When using dynamic content within emails on the ExactTarget platform it is often useful to pull data from Data Extensions in order to populate content. Since the Retrieve function is not available within emails, therefore, developers are forced to use the Lookup function. At first glance, the ExactTarget wiki sample code (found here) is a little misleading in that it…

ExactTarget SOAP API Wrapper

Although having the ability to wrap the entire SOAP API would be nice I found it nearly impossible. However, I’ve made a simplified version that allows one to act on ExactTarget objects. It allows for Create, Update, Delete, Retrieve, and Upsert of an object. Again, it is simple but it will save in writing a few lines of code. And,…

Execute A Triggered Send With Additional Attributes Via SOAP API In ExactTarget Using PHP

This is an example of how to execute a triggered send within the ExactTarget platform. $wsdl = ‘https://webservice.exacttarget.com/etframework.wsdl’; try{ //Create the Soap Client $client = new ExactTargetSoapClient($wsdl, array(‘trace’=>1)); // Set username and password here $client->username = ‘username’; $client->password = ‘password’; //Define the subscriber $subscriber = new ExactTarget_Subscriber(); $subscriber->EmailAddress = ‘test@test.com’; $subscriber->SubscriberKey = ‘test@test.com’; //Define the attribute $company = new ExactTarget_Attribute();…

Update A Query Activity In ExactTarget Via SOAP API In ExactTarget

try { $wsdl = ‘https://on.exacttarget.com/etframework.wsdl’; $client = new ExactTargetSoapClient($wsdl, array(‘trace’=>1)); $client->username = ‘username’; $client->password = ‘password’; //Define the query definition $query = new ExactTarget_QueryDefinition(); $query->ObjectID = ‘QueryID’; $sql = “SELECT TOP 10 FROM table”; $query->QueryText = $sql; //Set the targeted data extension $ibo = new ExactTarget_InteractionBaseObject(); $ibo->CustomerKey = ‘Target DE’; $ibo->Name = “Test Send”; $query->DataExtensionTarget = $ibo; $query = new…